Sure, yesterday a bunch of people reported that this was available, but did you really think I was going to manually navigate somewhere and click and wait for a download? Heck, no! In any case, the newest iPod Update is available via Software Update:
Read Before You Install iPod Updater
iPod Updater 2004-07-15 includes iPod Software 3.0 for use with iPods with a Click Wheel. iPod Updater 2004-07-15 also includes the latest software versions for iPod mini and the third generation iPod.
With iPod Software 3.0, you can:
- Shuffle Songs with one click (using the Shuffle Songs item in the main menu)
- Create multiple On-The-Go playlists
- Delete songs from On-The-Go playlists
- Select reading playback speed for audiobooks
- Hear audible click user interface feedback in headphones
- Charge via USB connection
- Enjoy improved playback performance
For more information about iPod, go to http://www.apple.com/support/ipod.
iPod Updater 2004-07-15 contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2004-04-28 for all other iPod models.
iPod 3.0 Software is not compatible with other models of iPod, including original scroll wheel and touch wheel iPods, and iPod mini.
iPod Software 2.2 and iPod Software 1.2 should not be used with iPod with Click Wheel.
Lock and load (although you might want to check this out