Wednesday, January 12, 2005

iPod Shuffle

iPod Shuffle: Integrated USB connector (thumb-drive) $99 for 512mb and $149 for 1GB.

Since yesterday was my birthday, I came into some birthday money. I'd been thinking about spending some money on a flash thumb-drive recently, so I went ahead and ordered the 1GB iPod Shuffle. I'll let you know when it comes in and how it compares to my 4G iPod.

In the meantime, here's the best bit of news I've heard so far about the iPod Shuffle:


iPod Shuffle: first impressions - The Unofficial Apple Weblog - apple.weblogsinc.com Breen takes the time to make one more point: the iPod Shuffle is formatted as an MS-DOS volume, which means you’ll be able to let this fresh new device be a swinger in the cross-platform set: no need to reformat to move it between operating systems.

Yeah! Now I don't have to setup the iPod Shuffle on a Windoze machine just to be able to use it as a thumb drive on whatever machine I'm closest to...

Also, for those of you still in school or associated with an educational institution, you'll be glad to hear that the 1GB iPod Shuffle will only cost you $139, but unfortunately, there is no educational discount on the half-gig model.