Thursday, January 22, 2004

MacTracker for iPod

I just downloaded Mactracker for iPod:

Mactracker for iPod brings Mactracker's database to Apple's iPod through the Notes feature. Mactracker for iPod requires Mac OS X v10.1.5 or later and an iPod (Dock Connector) withiPod Software 2.0 or later or any iPod mini.

Make sure you have your iPod mounted when you run the installer and that you install on the iPod (the installer comes with no instructions whatsoever and on my first attempt I tried installing to my main hard drive thinking that the info would sync with the Notes folder on my iPod during a normal iSync session. I thought wrong.) So, now to "Get info on any Mac" all I have to do is navigate to Extras/Notes/MackTracker/ and browse through a complete database of Apple-related hardware, software, and peripherals. Pretty cool.