Thursday, January 13, 2005

iPod Shuffles a little further away

The estimated shipping date of the 1GB iPod Shuffle at Apple's web store rose from 1-2 weeks to 3-4 weeks sometime this evening (and the 512MB model also receded further into the future). Urk! And, in case you were wondering, no, the physical Apple Store on North Michigan Avenue in Chicago doesn't have any. Now it's a guessing game--should I order it off the web and hope it ships in 3-4 weeeks plus 5 days shipping, or hope that the guy at the store was right when he said they might have them in 10 days?

UPDATE via C.K.: After reading your post, I checked the order I placed on the 11th for the 1GB iPod Shuffle. It said 5-7 business days when I placed the order, but now the ship date says "On or before the 24th." I don't like Apple's math. Grrr...