Tuesday, February 10, 2004

iSkin eXo2: Belt Clip...

The iSkin eXo2 is a nice case for your iPod, but I have to warn against using the included belt clip. I've only been using this thing for a little over a week, and for the second time in two days my iPod dropped off of my belt as I was getting out of my car. Yesterday, when this happened it was because the belt-clip had stretched, causing the entire thing to fly off my belt and crash to the ground. Fortunately, the eXo2 effectively protected my iPod from damage. I could see this first incident as being caused by me being too rough with the belt clip, stretching it out in my week of usage (although one would hope that it would stand up to user abuse for a little more than a week). This second time, however, it was clearly a hardware malfunction. The clip, although still in its locked position, managed to pop off of the back of the eXo2 case, off the back of my iPod. Fortunately, I caught the iPod as it dangled from my headphones which were wrapped around some bit of my coat that prevented the fall from ripping them out of my ears. Unfortunately, since the wrist strap attaches to the belt clip, I have to recommend that you not use either. Two iPod drops in less than fourteen days of use is two iPod drops too many.