Sunday, February 08, 2004

iSkin eXo2 in the Flesh: A Week of Usage...

Well, I've been using the iSkin eXo2 for a little over a week now, and I have to say, it's really cool. See here for my initial review of this product. I never thought I would like an iPod case. I considered my self a purist who would prefer to just walk around with my iPod in my pocket, but having a belt clip makes has definite advantages. As the rubber casing is slightly raised, you can reach down to your belt and change songs, turn up the volume, play or pause all by touch, which is really nice. There only three slight downsides to this case: 1. I cannot attach the Belkin Voice Recorder to the iPod with the case on (although there is plenty of room for the headphones with the remote control to be plugged in). 2. The little plastic face plate for the display tends to slide out of place whenever you grab the iPod in the wrong way. Fortunately, it is easily removable, and I am now using the case without it. 3. After only about 3 days of use, the belt clip had permanently stretched out. The bottom edge of the clip used to touch flat against the back of the iPod, but after a couple of times putting it on and pulling it off of my belt, it had stretched to about a fourth of an inch away from the iPod (see picture). This makes the iPod sit a little more loosely on the belt, but really doesn't effect performance in any way.

Bottom Line: The iSkin eXo2 is a good case for your iPod. Get it.